Application Deadline: 1pm on Wednesday April 20th 2022.
The Live Performance Restart Grant Scheme (LPRGS) is a new grant for businesses engaged in staging live events in the arts and culture live performance sector. The scheme aims to help underpin the recovery of the live performance sector by providing business restart grants to companies/venues/producers and promoters.
The scheme forms part of a €50m suite of supports for the Live Entertainment sector in 2022.
Grants of up to €100,000 will be provided to eligible businesses.
The scheme will open for applications via an online portal on Tuesday March 22nd at 1pm.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Producers, promoters and venues, including nightclubs with an established track record in producing live arts/culture performances and which are advertised as such. These events must be predominately artist led as defined by the Arts Act 2003, that is:
“”arts” means any creative or interpretative expression (whether traditional or contemporary) in whatever form, and includes, in particular, visual arts, theatre, literature, music, dance, opera, film, circus and architecture, and includes any medium when used for those purpose”.
- Existing grantees who are fully compliant with their existing Service Level Agreement and draw down procedures. Existing grantees defined as: LPSS Pilot, LPSS 2021, LPSS 2, LPSS 3 or ESCSS (Stream A only) grantees in full compliance with their service level agreements.
- Please note: existing grantees are deemed to have already demonstrated their track record, no further information in relation to track record is required for those applicants.
- If an applicant is a new entrant i.e. not an existing grantee, the applicant must be in a position to demonstrate the following;
-a proven track record of at least 2 years of delivering ticketed events in the arts and culture sector;
-VAT-exclusive turnover generated in this State of at least €100,000 or above per year for 2018 and 2019;
- the business must be located in the State;
- All applicants i.e. existing grantees and new entrants, must be able to demonstrate that their VAT-exclusive turnover , for any consecutive 12 month period from 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2021, was no more than 40% of their turnover prior to the introduction of Covid restrictions, demonstrated via provision of accounts for their reference year (either 2018, 2019 or 2020). VAT exclusive turnover excluding COVID-19 supports, for example: PUP, MEBAS, SBACS, CRSS, LPSS, ESCSS, EWSS
- The loss of turnover must be confirmed via an Auditor’s Certificate/Letter signed by an Accountant/Auditor.
- All applicants will also be required to provide their most recent Audited Accounts/Accountants prepared by an accountant and Accounts for their reference year (either 2018, 2019 or 2020).
- The business must be tax compliant.
Please note: A business can make only one application for funding under this scheme.
This scheme will have 3 funding streams.
- Stream A – Pilot LPSS or LPSS 2021 grantees who are fully compliant with their Service Levels Agreements, and wish to apply for a grant of up to 75% of the Pilot LPSS or LPSS 2021 grant offered, subject to a maximum of €100,000.
- Stream B – Existing Grantees: LPSS/ESCSS (Stream A only) grantees that are fully compliant with their Service Levels Agreements, and wish to apply for a grant based on 15% of their Vat Exclusive Turnover for the reference year (either 2018, 2019 or 2020), subject to a maximum of €100,000.
- Stream C – New Entrants: Applicants who have not received a grant through the Live Performance Support Scheme or the Events Sector Covid Support Scheme (Stream A only) previously, and wish to apply for a grant based on 15% of the businesses VAT exclusive turnover for the reference year up to a maximum of €100,000, subject to demonstration of a proven track record of at least 2 years of delivering ticketed events in the arts sector and having VAT-exclusive turnover generated in this State of €100,000 or above per year for 2018 and 2019.
All organisations in receipt of grant assistance must comply with public procurement guidelines.
Acknowledgment of funding
Grantees will be obliged to acknowledge the department’s assistance in annual financial statements for each year the grant is in payment.
Official Website: Live Performance Restart Grant Scheme