Application Deadline: 5 pm on Friday 4 February 2022.
The government has provided Wirral Council, and other neighbouring local authorities in the Liverpool City Region, with further Additional Restrictions, Grant payments (ARG3). This fund is to support businesses severely impacted by the rise of the Omicron variant and which are not eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant OHLG. It will be allocated to those businesses most in need in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors.
The council will deal with complete and valid applications to this scheme only on a first-come–first-served basis.
An eligible business must be:
- a Small or Micro business as described under the Companies Act 2006:
– a Small Business must satisfy two or more of the following requirements in a year: turnover not more than £10.2 million; balance sheet total of not more than £5.1 million; staff headcount of not more than 50.
– a Micro Business must satisfy two or more of the following requirements in a year: turnover, not more than £632,000; balance sheet total of not more than £316,000; staff headcount of not more than 10.
- based in the Liverpool City Region
- employ 1 to 50 staff (a sole director, or self-employed person counts as one staff member)
- able to demonstrate that trading activities have been significantly impacted by the Omicron variant and provide information in the free text box to prove this, for example, the impact on business turnover, temporary business closure, loss of regular business income, cancellation or loss of contracts or bookings, proof of loss of income
- trading as at date of application and continues to trade, that is, continuing to trade with a view to making a profit or surplus (not a dormant company). A business is excluded if it is:
- dissolved or about to be dissolved
- a dormant company
- insolvent or if insolvency action had been instigated against it
- applicants will also be required to self-certify that they meet the eligibility criteria.
Businesses must use the online application form to apply for ARG3. The online grant application cannot be saved therefore evidence and information to support the application must be uploaded at the same time the application form is completed in one session.
Applicants are advised to read the ‘Checklist for Applicants’ further below on this page and gather information and evidence in advance of completing the online form.
The online application form portal can be accessed using Chrome or Edge browsers, we do not recommend using mobile phones or the Safari browser which may be incompatible. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
To comply with government guidance, applicants must provide Wirral Council with the following information:
a. Name of business
b. Business Trading Address including postcode
c. Unique identifier (preferably Company Reference Number (CRN)) if applicable. If not applicable, VAT Registration Number, Self-Assessment/Partnership Number, National Insurance Number, Unique Taxpayer Reference, Registered Charity Number will also be acceptable)
d. High-level SIC Code (business sector)
e. Nature of Business
f. Date business established
g. Number of employees
h. Business rates account number (where applicable)
Official Website: Liverpool City Region Additional Restrictions Grant 3