Application Deadline: March 31, 2022.
The City of Toronto’s Main Street Innovation Fund provides grant funding for innovative and creative solutions to Toronto’s main street challenges. The mandate is to support local business recovery through innovative activations, creative place makings, and community capacity building initiatives. The fund encourages innovation and allows for unique projects to be piloted in various neighbourhoods throughout the city of Toronto.
The Main Street Innovation Fund is a grant that provides funding to Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) and not-for-profit organizations with ties to the business community to test innovative and creative solutions to local challenges and share their findings/results with others in the city of Toronto. The program goals are to:
- Encourage innovation within the main street model
- Support new projects within Toronto’s main streets
- Expand the range of community improvement strategies that are available to Toronto’s main streets
- Showcase innovative, scalable solutions to challenges faced by Toronto’s main streets
- Pilot highly creative and exceptional projects in the city of Toronto
The Main Street Innovation Fund is available to the following organizations:
- Toronto BIAs
- Business associations
- Not-for-profit organizations and Registered Charities with strong local business involvement
The Main Street Innovation Fund encourages projects within a wide scope of parameters such as:
- Main street activations
- Community placemaking
- Community planning and policy making
- Technology improvements
In addition to the program eligibility requirements, applications for Legacy Project funding must exhibit all the following criteria:
- New, never tested main street innovation
- Applicant organizations must demonstrate an ability to contribute a minimum of $100,000 towards total project cost (combination of financial and in-kind contributions)
- Demonstrate a significant contribution to the main street recovery of the proposed location
The following types of projects do not qualify for funding under this program:
- Projects which are eligible for funding under other City of Toronto BIA financial incentive programs, including Streetscape Improvement Program, Outdoor Mural & Street Art Program, or Streetscape Master Plan Program
- Project-related services completed prior to grant application approval
- Projects located outside of Toronto
This program offers $25,000 and $50,000 grants for projects that meet the eligibility requirements. Funding of up to $100,000 is available for projects that meet Legacy Project criteria.
All applicants prior to submitting their applications must either email a high-level overview of project description for feedback or email to request a meeting with the Project Manager.
Eligible applicants may apply by completing the application form below along with additional required documentation identified in the form and emailing it to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2022.
Official Website: Main Street Innovation Fund