Application Deadline: February 15th, 2022
The Summer Internship Program (MaxSIP) provides the opportunity for highly motivated undergraduate students to join one of the labs at the Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology (the future Max Planck Institute for Biological Intelligence) and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry.
The program will allow you to become familiar with different scientific approaches and laboratory methods. The aim of our internship program is to provide excellent students with a broad range of research experiences and knowledge to promote them early on in their career.
MaxSIP invite excellent and enthusiastic students with top grades from all countries to apply. Training should be in biology, chemistry, computational biology, biophysics, neuroscience and related fields.
The program intends to promote students early on in their career. We welcome applications from bachelor (second year and onwards) and master students that have already gained some research experience during their studies.
Applicants need to be enrolled at university during the internship or have completed their degree in 2022. Please note that the program is highly competitive. Last year for example, we accepted 17 candidates out of more than 4000 applications.
Funding and accomodation
This is a fully funded internship program. Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Free student accommodation
- Stipend of approximately 800 Euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Martinsried, near Munich
The application platform is open between January 1st and February 15th 2022 (24:00 CET). Registration closes on February 10th. After your registration, you will be able to log in and to upload your application files at the application platform.
Our International Max Planck Research School, IMPRS-LS is hosting the platform.
The following documents are required for your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF file, max. 1-2 pages)
- Transcript (record of study) and degree certificate for all completed degrees (if applicable).
- Temporary/provisional transcripts for degree programs, you are currently enrolled in
- Document qualifying for university studies (typically high school degree, Abitur, Matura or equivalent)
- Letter of recommendation of one referee (see information below)
- Letter of motivation (will be typed into the application form directly, no upload).
- If an applicant’s academic training was not in English or German, a language certificate (such as IELTS or TOEFL) is highly recommended.
Official Website: Max Planck Summer Internship 2022