Application Deadline: December 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm PT
Did you know that Mexico is Latin America’s second-largest market for pharmaceuticals and medical devices? Medical products from Canada are highly regarded in Mexico due to their high quality and safety. Plus, Canadian companies looking to sell pharmaceuticals and medical devices can benefit from easier access into the Mexican market because of two free trade agreements: The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) and the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
This Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) global business development program is for women-led companies. By participating in the program, you will gain the knowledge and connections needed to enter and grow in this key market.
We are seeking Canadian, women-led* digital health companies who have one or more of the following technologies:
- medical devices (including equipment for medical diagnosis)
- software, apps, artificial intelligence and augmented reality
- biotechnology applied to health care
- a differentiated and validated technology, product or service
- a proven product market fit with a defined target audience
- the ability to articulate a problem your company is solving
- existing market traction with at least one minimum viable product and evidence of maturity, including revenue, investment or other
- a passionate, strong and committed management team with at least one senior manager who can commit to participating in the entire program
- sufficient resources to target and achieve growth in the Mexican market
This program will offer customized virtual support from January 24 to March 31, 2022 for between about 2 to 3 hours per week. Prior to the official opening, we will conduct individual informal meetings with each selected company to better understand your technology and program expectations, as well as to establish tailored priorities to develop your business strategy.
Programming is split into three main components:
- Market preparedness (January 24 to February 18, 2022)
- Opening event
- Meeting with mentors (preparation for business matchmaking sessions and pitches to Mexican contacts)
- Presentations including three live webinars on:
- How to do business in Mexico
- Mexican health and health-tech ecosystem and opportunities for Canadian companies
- How to get local partners and distributors in Mexico
- B2B meetings and matchmaking sessions with potential partners, clients and distributors, as well as sessions with mentors (Feb 21, to March 18, 2022)
- Follow-up, lessons learned and wrap-up session (March 21 to 31, 2022)
Following the guidelines for COVID 19, we will continue to reassess any in-person attendance for the CTA Digital Health cohort in Mexico. However, if a visit to Mexico is possible and companies want to visit, they should plan to spend a maximum of four days in the country to participate in in-person B2B meetings.
Official Website: Mexico Women in Health Technology