The Minnesota Student Teacher Grants provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible students enrolled in Minnesota teacher preparation programs during one term in which the student is completing a required 12-week or more student teaching experience.
- Be enrolled in an eligible Minnesota college or university in an eligible teacher preparation program that requires at least 12 weeks of student teaching;
- Be meeting satisfactory academic progress;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Intend to teach in a designated rural school district in Minnesota.
- Intend to teach in an identified license shortage area.
- Belong to a racial or ethnic group underrepresented in the Minnesota teacher workforce.
A student must submit a complete application to the Minnesota Office of Higher Education for the term in which the student is completing a required 12-week or more student teaching experience.
On a funds available basis, selected undergraduate and graduate students may receive awards of up to $7,500 for one term.
- Student Section including all the required information that is signed and dated;
- College or University Section completed by an authorized representative at the college or university you attend that includes all of the required information; and
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act application.
Official Website: Minnesota Student Teacher Grants