Application Deadline: 11:00 am AWST, Wednesday 1 December 2021.
The X-TEND WA Program is a competitive grants program, funded under the New Industries Fund, which is designed to build capability and capacity within our innovation community.
In order to create new local jobs and industries, there is a recognised need for improved and expanded educational programs for entrepreneurs to support their innovation journey.
Additionally, there is also a need to expand the educational opportunities of investors and corporates to deliver better access to investment capital for entrepreneurs and innovative business owners in WA.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN);
- Have your business/organisation’s (including not-for-profits) registered business address in the State of Western Australia; or
- be an Australian business/organisation not located in the State of Western Australia, that agrees to register a business address in the State of Western Australia; or
- be an international business/organisation that agrees to set up a registered business whose registered business address is in the State of Western Australia.
- Be made by a valid legal entity that can enter into a funding agreement with the Western Australian Government;
- Be a solvent Western Australian based non-government organisation (business or not-for-profit);
- Put forward a program proposal that aligns with one or two of the streams within the Scope of Activities, as indicated at Item 6 of the Guidelines;
- Clearly explain how the proposal will contribute to job creation in Western Australian; and
- Includes a project plan that includes a timeline, deliverables, a clear and reasonable budget, resources, risks, IP management, stakeholder engagement and how impact/success will be measured.
Applications are currently open for X-TEND WA Round 3.
Before you apply, please review the Guidelines below, as there has been some changes since the last round.
All applications must be submitted through the application portal, xtend.grantplatform.com.
The application portal will close at 11:00 am AWST, Wednesday 1 December 2021. You must submit your application before this time to be considered.
Up to $100,000 per successful application is available. A 1:1 co-investment by the service provider is preferred in this process. However, it is recognised that some vital programs may not be able to attract this level of co-investment. As such, partial or non-matched co-funding applications will still be considered and evaluated on a case by case basis where a demonstrated market need is shown.
Official Website: New Industries Fund: X-TEND WA Program Grants