The New Hampshire Business Committee for the Arts is now accepting nominations for the 38th Annual Arts Awards from businesses of all shapes and sizes, business leaders, artist entrepreneurs as well as arts and cultural organizations.
- Business Award Nomination
- Recognize a business of any shape or size for its overall commitment to investing in the arts through grants, sponsorships, in-kind donations, and/or employee volunteerism.
- Business Leader Nomination
- The Business Leader Award recognizes a business sector individual who has made significant and sustained contributions to advancing art and culture in New Hampshire through creative partnerships, philanthropic support, and/or economic development. To be eligible, an individual must be chairman, VP, president, CEO, owner or principle partner of a business. The business leader nominee will possess an inspirational vision that demonstrates their commitment to building relationships within the arts community as well as encouraging others to participate in advancing the role of the arts to support the State’s creative economy.
- Artrepreneur Award Nomination
- The TD Bank Artrepreneur Award recognizes an individual artist for their use of innovative methods and/or partnerships to build a successful creative practice.
- Individuals, businesses, and representatives of arts organizations may nominate a New Hampshire artist entrepreneur for a 2022 NHBCA Arts Award. Artists are encouraged to nominate themselves for an award. To be eligible for consideration, nominations must be based on the artist entrepreneur’s innovative approach to build a successful business.
- The Artrepreneur Award is given to an individual artist from any discipline who has successfully collaborated with others and/or utilized technology to grow his or her creative business. For example, the winning artist:
- May have established a partnership to utilize technology as a tool for creating work
- May have innovatively leveraged digital media for cross-promotional purposes with another individual from the creative sector
- May have worked with the surrounding community to create an interactive public art installation or activity that utilizes a mobile app in the creative process.
- Artsbuild Community Nomination:
- The Northeast Delta Dental Artsbuild Community Award recognizes an organization for its power in building community.
- Individuals, businesses and representatives of arts organizations may nominate a New Hampshire arts or cultural organization for the Artsbuild Community Award. Organizations are encouraged to nominate themselves for an award.
- To be eligible for consideration, nominations must be based on an organization’s demonstrated contributions to its community in 2022. The ‘Arts Build Community Award’ is given to any arts or cultural organization that successfully partners with another organization that complements their own, a social services nonprofit, or town/city municipality to establish opportunities for sustained access to arts and culture through public engagement in projects, programs, or events. For example:
- An organization might have worked with a school to give children with developmental disabilities art-making activities as well as an opportunity to exhibit their creations
- An organization might have worked with a nonprofit partner to create a “social hour” with music and dancing for people with dementia/Alzheimer’s and their caregivers
- A cultural organization might have partnered with an arts institution to host an international food and arts festival
Official Website: NHBCA 38th Annual Arts Awards