Application Deadline: 07/31/2022
The P4G State-of-the-Art Partnership Awards are open to recognize the world’s most innovative and successful multistakeholder partnerships in five Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) areas.
The global competition is open to partnerships in any country or combination of countries.
Judges will choose winners based on the following criteria:
- Eligibility— Address one or more of P4G’s five targeted SDGs. The partnership includes at least one commercial and one civil society partner.
- Impact— Partnership has demonstrated measurable and verifiable outcomes.
- Innovation— Partnership has developed innovative and commercially-viable solutions to address its target SDG.
- Scalability— Partnership has grown since its launch and has demonstrated the ability to be replicated in other markets.
- Financial Sustainability— Partnership implements market-based solutions that have already or will attract a level of commercial investment and/or support.
- Energy Transition: P4G’s Energy Transition theme is positioned to decarbonize the energy system by providing solutions within the interconnected energy system. This theme encompasses breakthrough partnerships advancing innovative market-based solutions in zero emissions mobility, distributed renewable energy and energy efficiency, and what is emerging in the green hydrogen economy.
- Zero Waste Green Industry: The Zero Waste Green Industry theme strives to achieve a global shift to a circular economy by driving efficiency, creating value, and leveraging investment into cross-sectoral industries. P4G’s innovative partnerships are transforming sustainable industrial clusters, industrial and commercial food loss and waste, and plastics and textiles recovery and recycling.
- Food and Agricultural Value Chain: P4G’s Food and Agriculture Value Chain theme drives efficiency, value and resilience while leveraging investment to achieve a zero-hunger future for all. Partnerships deliver transformative impact by providing solutions for a range of food system resilience needs such as developing sustainable sourcing areas to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers, reducing farm to factory gate food loss and waste, and driving high value processing further upstream in the supply chain.
- Digital Solutions for Water: P4G’s Digital Solutions for Water theme accelerates enterprises using digital approaches to improve clean water and sanitation access for all. P4G partnerships provide scalable market-based solutions in FinTech, pay-as-you-go (PAYGO), smart meters for water and sanitation, as well as smart technology for non-revenue water reductions.
- Co-create: They collaboratively define how each partnership can deliver transformative system and market change. They co-create a viable business model with the country partners that strengthens the partnership’s vision and aligns with our global ecosystem’s priorities.
- Invest: They invest in partnerships by providing catalytic funding at the start-up and scale-up stages. The investment funding includes:
- Start-up funding of up to $100,000 for a partnership to show its proof of concept
- Scale-up funding of up to $1,000,000 for a partnership to actively build growth, establish a structure for commercialization and replication, and make it a financially-viable proposition
- Accelerate: The team and global ecosystem of public and private stakeholders provide unparalleled expertise and networks that prepare our partnerships to become bankable investment propositions that attract institutional investors’ and deliver system change impact.
- Engage: P4G mobilizes an engaged and powerful alliance of 12 country partners and five organizational partnerships committed to accelerating innovative partnerships that can deliver SDG and climate action impact. We bring together a global ecosystem of leaders from government, business, investment and civil society to unite around a collective action agenda of change and impact.
- Deliver: P4G delivers impact through institutional investment. Through our systematic approach of “Investing in Impact” we actively match investment-ready partnerships with impact-driven investors. The investors gain early access to our diverse pipeline of innovative partnerships working in sectors that are aligned to their missions and mandates.
Official Website: Nominations are open for the State-of-the-Art Partnerships Awards!