Application Deadline: 05/31/2022
Nominations are now open for the Western Australia Innovater of the Year to acknowledge and reward exceptional innovators in Western Australia who have developed an outstanding innovative product, technology or service, which is at the emerging innovation or growth phase of development.
- have a business address and be developing their innovation in Western Australia at the time of submission;
- continue to be based in Western Australia during the next three years;
- be an industry organisation, private sector firm, public sector agency, university, research institute, partnership, other organisation or a sole trader based in Western Australia;
- have an ABN or ACN;
- have developed their product or service from original concept, can clearly define the market need or problem it solves and have some form of IP protection and/or rapid route to market;
- be the legal or authorised owner of the innovation;
- not have previously been a recipient of an award under the WA IOTY program in the same category for the same innovation; and commit to attending all Business Capability Training sessions in August/September.
- To be eligible in the Emerging Innovation Category, the applicant must:
- not have generated revenue from the innovation set out in this application.
- A full day workshop run by a qualified and experienced industry facilitator to provide finalists with the skills and techniques required for a compelling and professional pitch presentation;
- A two hour one-on-one mentoring session to refine pitch presentation and tailored for your specific innovation’s business plan;
- A three hour workshop on social media and digital strategy;
- A three hour seminar on Board Models for Entrepreneurs;
- A one hour Legal Health Overview session; and
- Two finalists will be awarded a scholarship to attend a program with the Centre of Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI)
The innovation must demonstrate an economic, social or environmental benefit to Western Australia.
Applications funded under the WA IOTY program will target market problems and realise opportunities of importance to Western Australia. It is intended that financial support will assist successful applicants to take a product, technology or service from its emerging innovation or growth phase of development to commercialisation.
Official Website: Nominations now open for Western Australia Innovator of the Year