Application Deadline: 24 Oct 2023 05:00 PM AEDT.
Funding for medium to large enterprises in Northern Australia, including Indigenous businesses, to establish a new industry or significantly grow the value of existing industry and contribute to regional transformational change.
The Industry Transformation Grant Opportunity is part of the Northern Australia Development Program which focuses on economic diversification and job creation through support for scaling up and growing businesses, including Indigenous businesses, in Northern Australian communities.
The program has 2 elements:
- grant opportunities, including Business Development Grants and Industry Transformation Grants
- Business Advisory services, which give access to advice and services to build and strengthen businesses.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
Your trading activities must:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation / trust’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation / trust; or
- be a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation / trust.
You must also:
- be a medium to large business – more than 20 employees
- have at least $6 million in eligible expenditure.
They can only accept applications:
• where your project will be located in or will significantly benefit Northern Australia
• where you commit to working with a Strengthening Northern Australian Business facilitator :
o if you are successful in receiving a Northern Australia Industry Transformation grant and where recommended by the assessors to work with a Strengthening Northern Australian Business facilitator to develop and implement a business roadmap. For more information on the role of the facilitator, refer to business.gov.au.
• where you provide all mandatory attachments.