Application Deadline: 27th of MAY 2022.
OCS awards a student research grant each year. The past year has been difficult for everyone, in particular, those operating tourist attractions. We do not have a partner for this year’s award but feel it is important to continue to support student research.
- The student must be enrolled in a university and be working towards a PhD or MSc on a topic involving research on chondrichthyans in the Oceania region.
- The grant may not be used to fund conference attendance or for travel that is unrelated to the research project.
- The recipient must have been a financial member of the society for 6 months before applying for the grant.
- The grant is not transferable and must be spent in the 2022-23 financial year.
- The research must not have been undertaken prior to application for the award.
- Successful applicants are required to prepare a one-page report for publication in the OCS newsletter at the end of the one-year grant period and provide a summary of how the research grant was spent.
- OCS must be acknowledged in all publications, posters, or presentations resulting from the project.
Applicants must also provide a statement by the supervisor or a representative of the university, verifying that the project has been represented accurately and that the Institution is prepared to administer the award.
Official Website: OCS Student Research Grant 2022