Application Deadline: 26th January 2022
Virtual and Augmented Reality Centre of Excellence (VARCoE), IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for start-up onboarding. This 1st Open Call will support 20 best submissions led and executed by start-ups, actively involved in research, development, and application activities related to ARVR. The problem statement for the same is listed below. The selected projects should have the potential to entail a substantial advance in the state of the art, delivering new services with the potential to improve the solutions based on ARVR and the ability to reach the market in the short run. The open call is divided into four participation tracks. Applicants must apply for one of them.
Onboarding of start-ups in the VARCoE premises of IIT Bhubaneswar campus (In campus mode and virtual mode)
• Seed grant support up to 10 Lakhs as well as Infrastructure, library and laboratory accesses provisioning for 10 best proposals as well as provisioning for In campus mode onboarding.
• Infrastructure, library and laboratory access provisioning for 11th -20th best Proposals as well as provisioning for virtual mode onboarding.
• Access to other funding/Investment from Govt organisations up to the tune of 25 Lakhs. This will be based on periodic review after six months of the incorporation of start-up under VARCoE.
• Access to private investment: A network of corporate and private investors engaged to select and invest in promising companies with great go-to-market and growth potential.
• Visibility: VARCoE will offer ecosystem and organizational visibility towards new partnerships and business opportunities.
TRACK 1:AN AUGMENTED REALITY PLATFORM FOR MEDICAL PLANNING
- Dentistry —Real-time data visualisation directly from a dental scanner, for enabling a dentist to build precise crowns or caps.
- Training nurses — AR-enabled, tablet-based simulations of different patient scenarios.
- Medical imaging — AR based visualization enhancement of CT or MRI data.
- Elderly Care: ARVR based services for the elderly and people with different forms of disability.
- Medical virtual reality simulators: Design and development of surgical augmented reality setups, and surgical digital library platforms.
- Health Care-Focused AR Apps
TRACK 2: AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY PLATFORM FOR TOURISIM
- The metaverse: Interactive Hotel Elements
- ARVR Based travel app development for City Tours
- Marker-based AR technology for travel
- Augmented Tourist Destinations
TRACK 3: AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY IN CULTURAL HERITAGE
- Exploring Cultural Heritage Using Augmented Reality
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Heritage Conservation
- ARVR Game-based Education System
- AR VR based visitor experience and satisfaction
TRACK 4: AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY IN EDUCATION AND SKILLING
- Augmented and virtual reality in elementary and primary school
- Storytelling and instructional design for XR
- Teaching aids with XR
- AR-based infrastructure management tools for schools
- AR/VR/MR Based skilling system
Official Website: Open Challenge Program on AR VR