Downtown Dearborn has developed strategies to address and fulfil the small business concerns and needs to guide business owners through the COVID-19 pandemic over the next several months, as well as setting businesses up for long-term success.
The Dearborn DDAs continue to spearhead the Dearborn Business Assistance Team (#DBATeam) program by gaining commitment from area small business experts. Over 25 area agencies and resource representatives are now involved in the DBATeam effort to provide you with up-to-date information on current city, county, and state small business development resources to successfully navigate your business needs now and in the future.
Specific program support tactics, including special COVID-19 funding, business technical support and one-on-one meetings with businesses to establish a streamline support tool have been identified. In addition to the technical and financial support, Downtown Dearborn is also creating an Internship program through UofM Dearborn.
- Must be located in the DDDA district boundaries
- Must be a brick & mortar business
- No Franchise or big box businesses
- $500,000 in grant funding is available for 20 businesses
- Funding match of 10% required
- Must provide clear and complete information
- Businesses need to provide information about how many jobs you create
- You should be able to express the impact that a grant like this would have on your business as it relates to your downtown
- Project must align with the DDDA strategy/vision
GOT A PROJECT AND INTERESTED IN THIS GRANT PROGRAM?
- Reach out to the DDDAs if interested, and we’ll start the process
- Fill out business evaluation worksheet ASAP
Official Website: Open Door Dearborn Business Grants