Application Deadline: 7 January 2022.
The People For Peat (PFP) Business Hub has opened applications for the 2021 cohort 2.
A 9-month journey with PFP aimed at optimising innovative solutions in business, finance, and peat management with industry experts and investors – tailored for each unique business.
What Does the PFP Business Hub Offer?
• Accelerator Programme: 9-month long accelerator programme assisted by country-specific peatland consultants
• Business Mentorship & Technical Assistance: Business mentorship and technical assistance from a Panel of Experts made up of industry experts
• Regional & Global Visibility: Project visibility to gain regional and global market access
• ASEAN-wide Peatland Network: Partnership and collaboration with non-state actor peatland network across ASEAN
• Access to Capital: Access to capital from the PFP financial ecosystem
• Link to Investors: Multi-stage link to investors for detailed project funding alignment
Peat-related businesses in ASEAN (private sector, CSOs, NGOs, smallholder farmers & co-operatives, research and trade organisations; excluding Brunei & Singapore) that hope to improve their environmental, financial, and/or social impact(s) are encouraged to apply.
Project Themes of Interest
• Peat protection, restoration and rehabilitation
• Improved SME capacities and community livelihoods
• Economically viable and investable
Projects must operate in one of the following countries: Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
• Relevance to improving peatland management
• Realistic financial plan & business models – preference for post-revenue enterprises
• Prioritised themes:
o Peat protection and/or restoration
o Improving SME capacities & community livelihoods
o Economically viable & investible peat projects
• Clearly-defined needs for business support & technical assistance
• Impact measurements:
o Peat protection
o Social inclusion & empowerment
o Economic productivity
• Local stakeholder buy-in
• Organizational strength
• Focus on undersupported geographical areas
Official Website: PFP BUSINESS HUB