Application Deadline: NOVEMBER 25, 2021
We’re looking for spirited, social-minded individuals to join a global network of emerging impact leaders and work towards deepening the roots of education.
Project BookPecker is a trailblazing grassroots project by PeaceX which aims to expand the frontiers of literacy across socio-economic divisions and rethink pedagogy. Project BookPecker fellows are brilliant, astute individuals with a certain inclination towards the field of curriculum development, teaching, and educational management. From a veritable diversity of professional backgrounds and walks of life, our fellows channelise their collective energies to ideate approaches to topic areas, enhance current instructional methods, create bite-sized audiovisual modules, conduct sessions for students, and contribute towards the digitalisation of education.
Project BookPecker works on creating curriculum on both avant-garde subjects conceptualised by the BookPecker team and conventional academic subjects found in curriculum standards and boards worldwide.
- Pursuing/completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in any field
- Be above 18 years old at the time of application
- Be available for a part-time, remote opportunity
- Be available to commit at least 12-16 voluntary hours per week
- Opportunity to work on a project that will impact a large number of underprivileged communities by contributing towards reducing the digital divide
- Opportunity to attend a host of capacity-building and skill development sessions conducted by leading teachers, leaders from grassroots initiatives, and personal development instructors
- Get experience on curriculum development, teaching, and an array of digital tools
- Certificate upon successful completion of the fellowship
- Letter of Recommendation from the founders of PeaceX
What skills you will need?
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading content
- A suitable command of word processing tools (MS Word, Google Docs, etc.) and spreadsheet software (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Comprehend, teach, and ideate about different topic areas
- Basic understanding of illustration and designing techniques and tools
- Proficiency in English
6 Months (12-16 voluntary hours per week)
Remote, Work from Home
Official Website: Project BookPecker Fellowship