Application Deadline: 4th November 2021
Calling all young people with a vision and a plan to positively change your world! Tell us about your project for a chance to win funding and support.
Do you have the vision to transform your community — and the world— for the better? Where others see problems, do you see potential? Tell us how you are tackling financial barriers or social issues in your community and beyond.
At this moment, our country faces many complex challenges. From addressing the burden of student debt to advocating for inclusion, we need bold, innovative solutions.
Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a national recognition program that celebrates young people for their innovative solutions to financial and societal challenges facing their communities. If that sounds like you, you may be an Emerging Visionary!
Now through November 4, 2021, we are accepting applications from young leaders ages 14-18 who are bringing powerful vision and real change to their communities. The program supports young people across the country who are making change that focuses on two categories: solutions to financial barriers and solutions to social issues
Participants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Participants must be individuals between the ages of 14 – 18 when applying and not older than 18 by the end of the entry period (November 4, 2021). Groups and partners are not eligible.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Participants must have started their project on or before June 1, 2021.
- Winners must bring one chaperone to the in-person event on April 23-26, 2022.
- One application per person.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Prudential Spirit of Community National Honorees and State Honorees are NOT eligible to apply.
- Employees and their children and grandchildren of Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network or its affiliates and participating advertising and promotion agencies are NOT eligible to apply.
- A cash prize of up to $15,000 awarded as follows:
- 25 winners will receive $5,000 each — 20 of these winners will be selected from the Societal Solutions category and 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category.
- The 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category will be invited to join a pitch-off at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. From there, 1 Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $10,000 grand prize, for a total of $15,000.
- 1 winner of either category will also receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award—an additional $5,000, to be awarded at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. Note: The Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to win the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
- All 25 winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Prudential’s headquarters in Newark, New Jersey on April 23-26, 2022, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. This will be an engaging experience in which participants will receive coaching, skills development, and an opportunity to meet with senior leaders from Prudential to help take their solution to the next level.
The selection committee will be looking for Changemakers who provide strong answers to a range of questions about what your initiative does, how it runs, and your changemaking story.
Entries will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Innovation – Are you thinking innovatively to build financial health and resiliency or to solve social issues within your community?
- Potential to Scale – Do you have a vision for the future? Will this innovation create meaningful impact, and does it have the ability to scale even beyond your own community?
- Connection – Do you show a deep understanding of a problem or barrier you are trying to solve, and do you have a deep connection to the community you are bringing your solution to?
- Changemaker Quality – Are you passionate about making a change for the good of all, ready to show leadership or take action to solve a problem, and looking to activate others?
In addition to our evaluation criteria described above, winners will be selected to represent the diversity of applications received. Diversity can be showcased in the target audience of a project or its partners. Diversity will refer to: gender, accessibility, ethnicity, race, age and geography.
Official Website: Prudential Emerging Visionaries