Application Deadline: 23.59 CET on September 30, 2021.
Public Policy New Voices Europe connects, supports and empowers a new generation of diverse leaders in public policy across Europe. Launching in 2021, this dynamic year-long fellowship program will provide participants with opportunities to build their capacity through virtual and in-person meetings, peer learning, mentorship, networking, and internship opportunities.
Public policy is the action a government does – or does not – take in response to a matter of public concern, including laws, regulations and funding allocations. Ideas and impetus for these actions may come from or be influenced by actors outside government – such as activists, lobbyists and concerned members of the public – but the public policy itself is ultimately made by governments.
The complex issues addressed by public policies include but are by no means limited to criminal justice; education; health and social welfare; rural and urban development; tax and budgetary affairs; infrastructure and transport; foreign affairs and overseas development; culture and the creative economy; and media and communications.
Up to 30 participants from across Europe will join the Fellowship. Applicants to the should be living and working in the following countries:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom
HOW WILL PARTICIPANTS BE SELECTED?
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of Salzburg Global staff and partners of the program. The cohort will be carefully curated to ensure diversity of life and professional experience. Fellows will be selected based on their potential, vision for change through public policy, and commitment to making a difference in their communities.
All applicants to the Public Policy New Voices Europe must submit the following information in order to apply:
Tell us about you:
- Why are you interested in joining the Public Policy New Voices Europe Fellowship?
- Which aspects of your life, professional, and/or academic experience will you share with your peers in the program?
- What is your vision for how public policy can be used to build inclusive communities at the local, national, or international level?
You can share this information with us in one of the following ways:
- By writing a personal statement (approx. 500 words) – Please upload this to the documents section of the application portal.
- By creating a 3 to 5-minute recording of yourself – Please send your audio/video file to Brigitte Kraibacher, Admissions Office (email@example.com) via wetransfer.com.
We also ask everyone applying to a Salzburg Global program to provide the following information:
- A brief bio statement (sample in application portal)
- A headshot photo of yourself
- A brief CV/résumé
Applications should be submitted using the application form at salzburgglobal.org/application
For technical questions about the application form, please contact Brigitte Kraibacher, Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Official Website: Public Policy New Voices Europe