Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Often the most innovative research comes from those just starting their careers. As such, QSR International is thrilled to be supporting the next generation of qualitative research innovation! We recognize that early-career researchers often find it difficult to access research grants as they have to compete with established scholars. This is why QSR has established this grant just for those starting out on their research careers.
The Grant will allow for $25,000 USD in funding over two years to an Early Career Researcher with a project that shows promise and contribution to knowledge.
To be eligible to apply you:
- must have been awarded your doctorate from 2013 up to and including 2020;
- must have an academic appointment at an institution of higher education;
- must have a proposal for a qualitative or mixed method research project;
- need to have the support of your university’s grants administration; and,
- research needs to involve the use of NVivo for at least part of the data analysis
Proposals will be reviewed and assessed by an academic committee appointed by QSR. We will be matching reviewers to applications as much as we can according to discipline and methods. They will be looking for the following:
- a clearly stated and realistic research idea and budget
- an appropriate relevant review of the literature supporting the significance of the research proposal
- a research design that is appropriate for the stated aims
- a detailed realistic plan for data collection and analysis
- the kinds of output planned for the research results
- and extra points will be awarded if the proposal is innovative in terms of any of the following – the subject of research, the research design, the data collection method, the analysis process or the output