Application Deadline: 27 January 2021.
The Leaders in Innovation Fellowships (LIF) Community Grant Programme supports past and present LIF participants to build and deliver high impact, collaborative community projects or activities that demonstrate the development of LIF participants networks, nationally and internationally.
Partner countries that are currently confirmed for this grant call are: Brazil, Colombia, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
Other partner countries may join this grant call at a later date. Please keep an eye on this webpage for updates.
Participants from China and India are invited to join the regional or international projects (stream 2) as co-applicants.
Under this second iteration of the grant programme, we will support proposals that contribute to the following programme’s aims:
- Develop local or regional/international communities of LIF participants which offer peer support and collaborations within the network.
- Create opportunities for networking and partnerships with relevant business or innovation support networks or organisations that can help LIF participants commercialise their innovations or multiply their impact.
Benefits for LIF participants:
- Lead a LIF community-building project that brings together likeminded LIF participants to create your own support ecosystem.
- Strengthen and expand your personal network to include other organisations or networks that support innovation and entrepreneurship in your country and/or region.
- As lead applicant on a successful project, join other lead applicants to form a cross-country and cross-sector LIF champions group with direct access to the Academy.
- Make a difference and implement your project to create sustainable networks for you and your peers – now and for the future
Under this scheme, there will be two different streams and awards available:
Steam 1: Country-level projects with grants of £5,000. Up to one award per participating country will be available.
Country-level project applications should show clear contribution to the following outcomes:
- Development of local LIF participants’ network(s) by meeting on a regular basis to share insights, apply entrepreneurial mindset and address the challenges of LIF participants in commercialising their innovations
- LIF participants take on leadership role(s) within their sector or innovation groups
- Creation and development of new relationships or strengthening of existing relationships between LIF participants
- Increase in formal and informal collaborations or partnerships with key actors in the local entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem
Stream 2: Regional or international projects with grants between £7,000 and £10,000. Multiple awards will be available.
Regional or international project applications should show clear contribution to the following outcomes:
- Increase in formal and informal collaborations or partnerships with key stakeholders/organisations in the regional and/or UK entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem.
- Development of regional/international networks of LIF participants to address common challenges in commercialising their innovations.
- Facilitate access and new market entry for LIF participants’ innovations into participating countries.
Successful applicants will become LIF champions and will undertake highly collaborative community-building activities for six months. Lead applicants making the proposals should build a core project team that includes at least two other LIF participants who will work with you to implement the project.
Grant call now open for applications. Deadline extended until: 2.00pm on 27 January 2021.
This call is only open to LIF participants. For further details please consult the guidance note linked above.
If interested to participate, join our virtual briefing sessions to hear more about the LIF Community Grant programme and ask your questions:
- Briefing session 1: 12.00pm to 1.00pm GMT on Monday 21 December 2020
- Briefing session 2: 11.30am to 12.30pm GMT on Wednesday 6 January 2021
- Briefing session 3: 3.00pm to 4.00pm GMT on Thursday 14 January 2021
- Q & A session with the Academy team: 2.00pm to 3.00pm GMT on Thursday 21 January 2021
Official Website: RAEng Leaders in Innovation Fellowships