Application Deadline: May 4th 2021
Borealis AI is an AI and Machine Learning Research Institute backed by Royal Bank of Canada. Comprised of top AI researchers and engineers and motivated by the pursuit of solving intelligence, Borealis AI is advancing machine learning science, while building leading products for financial services. With 40+ scientific publications in top-tier academic venues, the institute performs research in areas, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, language processing, AI safety, and more. Borealis AI was founded in 2016 and has over 100 team-members across its four labs in Canada.
The internships are currently running virtually. Interns support research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects. Working at Borealis AI will grant you unique access to massive structured and unstructured datasets with the tools and resources necessary to build game-changing statistical models. Being part of our team means you’ll have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR. And you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds in AI.
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Graphs and Optimization
- Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Bayesian Optimization
- Privacy and Fairness
- Interpretability and Explainability
- Time Series Forecasting
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- High motivation to solve challenging research problems
- Passion for data, algorithms, and statistics
- Experience working towards a PhD or already hold an MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or another mathematically related field (e.g., Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- Previous publications at a top-tier AI conference
- Experience with writing modular, robust, scalable software in Python
- Familiarity with the Unix command line and bash scripting
- Proficiency with deep learning packages, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch
- A deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
4 months (September – December 2021).
May 4, 2021.
Official Website: Borealis AI Fall Internships 2021