Application Deadline: 5pm (AEDT) on Friday, 17 December 2021
Regional NSW is blessed with a host of world-class events attracting tens of thousands of metropolitan, interstate and international visitors to regional communities each year.
Visitors not only spend money at the events themselves but at local cafes and restaurants, service stations, bars, tourist attractions and accommodation; helping to boost our regional economies and create jobs in regional areas.
The cancellation of major events due to COVID-19 has impacted local event venues, workers and communities that rely on the influx of visitors and tourist dollars.
To support the social and economic recovery of our regions, the NSW Government’s $20 million Regional Events Acceleration Fund helps organisations to:
- attract new major international and domestic events to regional areas
- make existing regional events even bigger and better.
Funding will help meet the costs of attracting or retaining major events, such as premier sporting fixtures or competitions, and helps fund the operational and infrastructure improvements existing events need to increase visitation and length of stay.
To be eligible for funding under the Regional Events Acceleration Fund applicants must:
• be the event owner (i.e. own, or have secured the rights to the event and have the relevant approvals for the event)
• be financially solvent
• be a sole trader, company, incorporated association or trust entity
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• have a minimum of $20 million public liability insurance and other relevant insurance cover.
Applicants must also be one of the following entities:
• the event organiser or committee
• a Local Council or Joint Organisation of Councils
• a not-for-profit organisation, including business chambers, industry associations and charities
• a sporting body (i.e. NSW or National Associations)
• a Local Aboriginal Land Council.
For-profit organisations may be considered eligible for funding only where projects will deliver a clear public benefit. A public/private partnership may seek funding where the lead applicant is an eligible entity.
How to Apply
Eligible organisations can complete and submit applications using the online portal found at https://rgf.smartygrants.com.au/REAFlaunch
Applicants are encouraged to consult with their local council and their regional representative from Destination NSW’s Destination Network prior to applying.
Official Website: Regional Events Acceleration Fund