Application Deadline: January 15th, 2022
Samsung India Electronics Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Samsung”) is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology. But Samsung’s role does not end here. It goes beyond.
Samsung as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives has instituted the Star Scholar program (“Program”). The scholarship Program is applicable for students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) currently pursuing a full term BE/B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course only in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India. IIT and NIT may individually be referred to as “Institute” or collectively as “Institutes”
Applicants will be eligible to receive scholarships, if they meet the defined eligibility criteria mentioned
in these Rules and by following the procedures provided herein.
- The scholarship is available for student(s) who have graduated from any JNV (10th or 12th grade
pass), run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of
Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Currently pursuing a full term BE/B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) course (“Degree Course”) in
an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India as
mentioned in list of Institutes available on the Samsung India Star Scholar website (hereinafter
”Institute”). Any other courses like B.ARCH/BSC/MSC etc. are not covered under this Program.
- Duration of the scholarship will be for one (01) academic year, extendable to subsequent three and
Four (03/04) years for B.E./B. Tech. Degree and Dual Degree courses respectively based on
fulfilment of eligibility criteria and selection approval by Samsung.
- Applicants in the first year of scholarship will be selected on the basis of their all India rank which is
common rank list (CRL) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Subsequent to 1st year, scholarship to Applicants from 2nd to 4th year or 2nd to 5th year (as
applicable) shall be available ifa. The Applicants have received the Scholarship for all preceding applicable years and;
- The Applicants have a SGPA or CPGA grade rating of 5 or above for immediate previous two
- Forms are available (appended below) for download from December 25, 2021
- Last date for submission of Application and all related documents (hard copy) is as below :
- New Applicants (1st year) admitted in the course in FY 2020-21: January 15, 2022
- Renewal (Star Scholars of FY 2020-21): January 15, 2022
Official Website: Samsung Star Scholar Program 2022