Application Deadline: September 27th 2021
ScreenSkills Animation Trainee Finder is an entry-level placement scheme which places trainees on animation productions to ensure a continued supply of talent capable of making world-class creative animated content.
Participants become part of an industry-recognised group of trainees and receive exclusive access to training placements across the UK and will be matched with an industry mentor.
This is the first year that we are able to offer this programme with the support of UK animation productions that have paid into the ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund. (A previous version of the programme was supported by Creative Skillset, the skills body that preceded ScreenSkills.) Places will be made available for up to 20 trainees for the inaugural year of the new programme.
Animation Trainee Finder 2021-22 is now open for applications and is seeking trainees wanting to pursue a career in animation, particularly focusing on roles that are identified shortage roles, namely animator, storyboard artist and rigger, and the much in demand entry-level role of production coordinator.
The programme is supported by ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund with contributions from UK animation productions. With the support of our colleagues in film and high-end TV, the programme was trialled by placing trainees on productions Circle Square and Kensuke’s Kingdom.
We are looking for talented individuals from across the UK who have up to 12 months of paid experience in the animation industry. You must be able to clearly demonstrate a passion and commitment for a career in animation by providing evidence of one or more of the following:
- working on previous productions including short films
- looking for/finding work experience
- role-specific skills
To be eligible you must:
- be 18 or over
- live in the UK and have evidence of the right to work in the UK
- have completed full-time education by 30 August 2021 – please note you do not need a university degree to apply
- have up to 12 months’ relevant, paid experience in the animation industry
- make yourself available for placements offered to you during your time on the scheme
- be open and flexible to consider opportunities across the UK
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the animation industry and working in the roles identified
- provide a showreel/portfolio that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Any training will be subject to the applicants providing evidence of their right to remain in the UK. Failure to provide appropriate documentation may result in the training placement being withdrawn
- All successful applicants must attend a mandatory two-day, online induction weekend on 30 and 31 October 2021 in preparation for the scheme. Further details will be announced closer to the time.
Official Website: ScreenSkills Animation Trainee Finder 2021/2022