Application Deadline: 27th Sep 2021
ScreenSkills Animation Trainee Finder is an entry-level placement scheme which places trainees on animation productions to ensure a continued supply of talent capable of making world-class creative animated content.
Participants become part of an industry-recognised group of trainees and receive exclusive access to training placements across the UK and will be matched with an industry mentor.
This is the first year that we are able to offer this programme with the support of UK animation productions that have paid into the ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund. (A previous version of the programme was supported by Creative Skillset, the skills body that preceded ScreenSkills.) Places will be made available for up to 20 trainees for the inaugural year of the new programme.
We are looking for talented individuals from across the UK who have less than 12 months of paid experience in the animation industry. You must be able to clearly demonstrate a passion and commitment for a career in animation by providing evidence of one or more of the following:
- working on previous productions including short films
- looking for/finding work experience
- role-specific skills
To be eligible you must:
- be 18 or over
- live in the UK and have evidence of the right to work in the UK
- have completed full-time education by 30 August 2021 – please note you do not need a university degree to apply
- have less than 12 months’ relevant, paid experience in the animation industry
- make yourself available for placements offered to you during your time on the scheme
- be open and flexible to consider opportunities across the UK
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the animation industry and working in the roles identified
- provide a showreel/portfolio that demonstrates your skills and experience
You will need to have a ScreenSkills account to apply for Trainee Finder. If you do not already have an account, you can register here.
You will need to provide:
- evidence of your experience through provision of a showreel/portfolio of your work (please see this guidance on producing a portfolio and further career starting advice) and
- two letters of recommendation
Official Website: ScreenSkills Animation Trainee Finder