Application Deadline:1st November 2021, midday BST
The STFC Food Network+ is pleased to to launch the 2021 ECR Secondment and Internships Scheme. This call enables ECRs to undertake Agri-food related projects through a secondment in an STFC department, or within an industry, policymaker, or civil society organisation. The secondments are intended to support the career development of Food Researchers (broadly defined) or researchers working in fields covered by STFC and can run for up to 6 months.
These internships/projects must be relevant to the objectives of the STFC Food Network+:
- To build an inclusive, dynamic, interdisciplinary network of researchers focused on innovative ways to use the skills and facilities funded by STFC.
- To kickstart interdisciplinary collaborations and research projects working towards safe, sustainable food systems both in the UK and developing countries.
- To enhance the impact of STFC/food interdisciplinary collaborations by encouraging codesign with the non-academic sector
We are hoping to fund between 10-12 interns as part of this programme.
The grants will have a value of up to £5k.
- Application forms must be submitted by 1st November 2021 – e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All projects can start from the 3rd January 2022 and must end by 31st July 2022.
- SFN Interns will be required to produce a poster for the SFN Annual Conference in 2022 (Dates TBA