Application Deadline: 12th December 2021
The Singapore Tourism Accelerator is a highly-selective, equity-free 4-month programme for the world’s most promising technology startups or pre-scaleups that can power the travel and tourism industry. The Accelerator is organised by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and its appointed corporate innovation partner, Ravel Innovation.
We are looking for the very best in innovation and are particularly interested in companies that are developing solutions to future-proof the travel and tourism industry and help tourism companies thrive amidst the challenges brought about by COVID-19. Whether you already have some traction in the industry, or are looking to apply your solution to the industry for the first time, we want to hear from you.
The selected companies will gain unparalleled access to work with some of Asia’s and the world’s most important industry players. They will undergo 2 short bootcamps of intensive workshops, including sessions to scope potential pilots, followed by up to three months of pilot implementation with selected industry partners. The accelerator entails an intensive programme to learn critical market entry skills, pilot design and implementation skills, building a company and culture that scales and fundraising strategies via workshops, 1:1 mentoring, peer learning, expert feedback, networking sessions with founders and investors, and industry events. The 4-month programme will end with a Showcase & Demo Day with industry partners and investors.
During pilot implementation, the companies will receive funding support of up to 70% of qualifying costs, up to SGD25,000 per company to testbed their solutions.
Eligible companies will receive a one-time relocation stipend of SGD2,000 per company for the duration of their physical participation* in the programme, as well as assistance with temporary relocation (co-living and entrepreneurs’ visa) to Singapore.
Travel and tourism are broad industries powered by a wide array of solutions. We are looking for promising startups and pre-scaleups that can drive one or more of the following objectives:
- Tracking, monitoring and improving the sustainability goals of tourism businesses
- Generating productivity gains and cost savings for tourism businesses by implementing innovative automation solutions
- Increase revenue for tourism businesses through targeted marketing, personalised experiences, dynamic forecasting
- Deepening insights on visitors and increasing customer satisfaction and engagement
- Streamlining core internal business functions and systems for systems integration, better staff training and management, visitor safety, flow and information tracking, as well as business intelligence and decision-making
- Improving tourism and hospitality environments with technology-enabled solutions to improve the health and wellness of guests.
- Improving customer service by enabling transformative User Journeys as well as User Engagement/Experience for revenue enhancement
You must apply to be considered for the Singapore Tourism Accelerator. Top applicants will be invited to a clarification session with the Singapore Tourism Accelerator Industry Partners on 4th January 2022, before being asked to pitch and interview with the selection committee. Interviews will take place during the week commencing the 3rd January 2022.
Official Website: Singapore Tourism Accelerator