Application Deadline: 04/30/2022
100+ Accelerator is now inviting applications for the Smart Agriculture Challenge to help farmers produce high yielding, high quality crops – sustainably – by leveraging science, technology and financing.
As some of the world’s leading companies, 100+ Partners purchase millions of tons of crops each year. They seek collaborative partnerships with the farmers who produce the ingredients that distinguish their Partner’s brands.
By 2050, global agriculture production will need to increase by 60 percent to meet the demands of more than 9 billion people. They know that transforming agriculture at scale – and the resilience of diverse farmers – depends on leveraging science, technology, and financing. They aspire to empower farmers to produce high yielding, high quality crops – sustainably – for generations to come.
The 100+ Accelerator delivers 6 months of remote programming and training to accelerate the collaboration and growth of cohort companies in addition to a pilot/alliance with their partner companies. You will receive support from a global team champion, access to mentor networks and up to $100K toward pilot execution.
- The 100+ Accelerator is looking for innovative solutions that have the ability to scale quickly and make a significant impact on one or more challenge areas. The Accelerator focuses on startups that have a product in market or are prepared to go to market. Also, the Accelerator is particularly interested in supporting great teams: companies led by passionate entrepreneurs who have surrounded themselves with diverse talent that are in the best position to succeed.
Startups that have demonstrated traction in the form of IP, revenue, clients, pilots or contracts etc. will have the best chance of getting accepted.
- Easily accessible, scalable and convenient training for farmers across multiple topics – business management, sustainable farming and financial literacy. Focus on an e-learning company that can apply to agriculture
- Remote training for agriculture extension teams focused on providing locally relevant and up-to-date advisory services to farmers to produce quality crops sustainably
- Systems and tools that strengthen the farmers’ commercial decision-making and enables alliances and information sharing among farmers
- Affordable, accessible financial products (e.g. low-interest loan products, crop insurance, credit rating system) designed for smallholder farmers
- Technology that enables a system of payment for ecological services (i.e. carbon credits) to increase farmer adoption of sustainable practices
- Renewable energy solutions for standalone farming and manufacturing equipment (harvesters, C-forklifts, water pumps, tractors, etc.).
- Solutions to facilitate farmer associations and/or creation of farmer collectives to reduce transaction costs
- Low-carbon footprint farm input application (fertilizer, chemicals…etc)
- A large part of the program is based on launching pilots to validate product/market fit. Therefore, they are primarily looking for startups that have either a product that is ready to go to market or already in-market.
- Earlier stage companies will be considered by rare exception only.
- The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate
- Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
Official Website: Smart Agriculture