Application Deadline: 11:59pm on 10 April 2022.
Social Enterprise Support Grants will provide assistance to eligible social enterprises to purchase key plant, machinery or equipment of up to $50,000 (excl. GST) that will enable them to grow, increase capacity, employ additional staff and/or deliver greater impact.
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must be one of the following entity types:
- Hold a current Social Traders Certification or successful Social Traders verified pre-Certification
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) at the date of application
- Have an operating business address in Victoria and conduct the proposed activities in Victoria
- Be registered for GST at the date of application
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- Demonstrate 12 months operating income from trading activity
- An Incorporated Trustee may apply on behalf of a Trust provided that the Trustee:
- Under the Trust Deed, has the ability to enter into the grant agreement in its capacity as Trustee; and
- Is entitled to be indemnified out of the Trust funds in connection with performance of the grant agreement.
- An Incorporated Trustee must comply with the co-contribution criteria as set out above under 2.1.
- Not-for-profits and charitable organisations are eligible to apply, on the condition their social enterprise model has been operating for at least 12 months.
All applicants are required to demonstrate that they:
- Are a social enterprise as defined by a business model that supports an economic, social, cultural or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit;
- Derive a substantial portion of income from trade-based activities; and
- Reinvest the majority of business profit in the fulfilment of their mission.
This is demonstrated through providing one of the following:
- Current Social Enterprise Certification by Social Traders; or
- Successful Social Enterprise verified pre-Certification by Social Traders
Applicants are required to make a minimum of 25% financial contribution or source third party funding for the project to meet the Applicant’s 25% contribution.
Funds from other Local, State or Commonwealth Government programs cannot form part of the Applicant’s co-contribution.
Successful applicants must commence their project prior to 30 June 2022. Approved projects must be completed by 5 December 2022.
Project funding must be acquitted no later than 30 March 2023.
Official Website: Social Enterprise Support Grants