Application Deadline: May 14, 2022 at 5pm
To support small businesses and employers facing financial impacts and layoffs from the COVID-19 pandemic, the County of Solano, in partnership with the Workforce Development Board (WDB) of Solano County and the Solano-Napa Small Business Development Center, has established the Solano Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant initiative.
This program will provide microgrants to small businesses experiencing economic stresses through funding from the California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
Solano County’s $450,000 funding from the California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program will allow the Workforce Development Board, on behalf of the County of Solano, to award approximately 180 business owners with $2,500 microgrants.
Grants will be awarded based on eligibility guidelines established by the State of California.
For-profit microbusinesses are eligible for this grant if the business:
- Is based in Solano County
- Began operation prior to Dec. 31, 2019
- Is currently active and operating or has a clear plan to reopen when the state permits reopening of the business
- Was significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Earned less than $50,000 in gross revenues in the 2019 taxable year
- Has zero to five full-time equivalent employees
- Had zero to five full-time equivalent employees in both the 2019 and 2020 taxable years
- Did not receive a grant under the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program (through Lendistry)
- Was not specifically excluded from participation in the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- Can provide acceptable form of government-issued photo ID (state, domestic, or foreign) and documentation that includes the owner’s name per grant program guidelines
- Owner must be the majority-owner and manager of the qualified microbusiness and this business must have been the owner’s primary means of income in the 2019 taxable year
TBD: Hosted by the Solano Black Chamber of Commerce
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
In English: Contact Brianna Boyd, marketing specialist for the Solano WDB and Solano-Napa SBDC, at email@example.com or 707-646-1071
In Spanish: Contact the Solano Hispanic Chamber of Commerce at 707-999-2966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: Solano Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant