Application Deadline: 05/16/2022
Do you have a strong idea of what young audiences want from apps, services, and content? This is your chance to build an Innovative Business, with ITV backing you all the way.
- Founders must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for the programme
- They are primarily looking for applicants who have yet to start their business and have not yet incorporated a company. That being said, if you are running a business that you feel could benefit from becoming part of ITV and utilising ITV’s assets, and you have not yet received any institutional funding.
- The programme is open to people of all backgrounds, and they do not expect all applicants to have experience as a founder or even working at a start-up. ITV will provide support and coaching to upskill you as a founder and create a successful business.
- Businesses need to be in the media and entertainment categories. They would not consider the following:
- New programme ideas that exist primarily for linear TV (e.g. a new format or show idea)
- Companies that have already raised institutional funding, or have a product in market
- Businesses operating in the gambling industry
- Financial Support
- 10K in Phase 1, a stipend and prototype budget in Phase 2, and a full-time senior position at ITV, a competitive salary, and significant financial backing to scale your business in Phase 3. Previous participants received up to £4M
- Professional Coaching
- You’ll be working with media and venture building experts, who will give you the tools and expertise to grow your business
- ITV’s State of the Art Facilities & Expertise
- You’ll have access to all ITV resources, from talent to IP and data insights, to help you design and test your idea
- They will connect you with the most influential people in the media and tech space, including the chance to pitch to the CEO of ITV and some of Britain’s biggest investors
- Phase 1:
- Build your Business Case
- Six weeks to turn your idea into a business case. You’ll then pitch this to investors and successful models will be selected to develop further.
- Participants: 14-16
- Every team will receive a one-off £10K payment
- Phase 2:
- Create a Prototype
- Teams will work full-time for 3 months with us to user-test and develop their idea into an actual prototype. They will choose the best to come onboard with us.
- Participants: 6-8
- Teams will get a stipend and a prototyping budget
- Phase 3:
- Start Your Business with us
- Successful teams will be given full backing to turn their prototype into a fully scaled business within ITV.
- Participants: 3-6
- Full-time senior ITV role, scale-up founder salary + bonus, significant investment backing to grow your business