Application Deadline: 05/16/2022
Do you have a strong idea of what young audiences want from apps, services, and content? This is your chance to build an Innovative Business, with ITV backing you all the way.
- Founders must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for the programme
- They are primarily looking for applicants who have yet to start their business and have not yet incorporated a company. That being said, if you are running a business that you feel could benefit from becoming part of ITV and utilising ITV’s assets, and you have not yet received any institutional funding.
- The programme is open to people of all backgrounds, and they do not expect all applicants to have experience as a founder or even working at a start-up. ITV will provide support and coaching to upskill you as a founder and create a successful business.
- Businesses need to be in the media and entertainment categories. They would not consider the following:
- New programme ideas that exist primarily for linear TV (e.g. a new format or show idea)
- Companies that have already raised institutional funding, or have a product in market
- Businesses operating in the gambling industry
- ITV will provide investment into the business, as detailed above, as well as access to ITV’s network and assets, including media, IP & data
Founders will also be given day-to-day support from their programme delivery partner, the Founders Intelligence team, as well as mentorship from senior leaders within ITV.
- Finally, you will also receive and provide support to the other teams and individuals participating on the programme, all of whom will be going through the same experience of taking a business from 0-1.
- Phase 1:
- Build your Business Case
- Six weeks to turn your idea into a business case. You’ll then pitch this to investors and successful models will be selected to develop further.
- Participants: 14-16
- Every team will receive a one-off £10K payment
- Phase 2:
- Create a Prototype
- Teams will work full-time for 3 months with us to user-test and develop their idea into an actual prototype. They will choose the best to come onboard with us.
- Participants: 6-8
- Teams will get a stipend and a prototyping budget
- Phase 3:
- Start Your Business with us
- Successful teams will be given full backing to turn their prototype into a fully scaled business within ITV.
- Participants: 3-6
- Full-time senior ITV role, scale-up founder salary + bonus, significant investment backing to grow your business
Official Website: Studio 55 Startup Incubator for the Next Generation of Media Ventures