Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
Apply now for Cohort 2 of Studio Startup, a free program for founders from historically marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds ready to start a game studio.
- You live in, or are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
- Your team is led by a person who belongs to an underrepresented identity group
- You have recently started or intend to start an independent game studio within one year
- Your goal is to commercialize your own original IP or technology
- You’re a new founder
- You have under a year of experience as a founder or owner of a business that primarily designs and develops games
- You have not received commercial funding or repayable investment for a game project within the last 5 years
- You’re able to devote 15 hours per week from June 20 – November 30 2022 to the program.
- Build your game studio from the ground up, with a focus on sustainability, inclusivity, ethical labour principles, and cooperative business models and structures
- 24 weeks of hands-on learning, workshops and critical feedback from experienced entrepreneurs
- Expert social finance coaching to learn how to prepare to pitch for repayable loans that align with your values and capacity
- A new community of founders you can lean on for support as your studio grows
- Focused mentorship from studio founders and heads from around the world.