Application Deadline: Oct 24, 2021
Help build a brighter future for our planet with the Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge 2021! Enterprise Singapore (ESG) is collaborating with key industry partners to launch the third edition of the challenge with challenge statements in key sustainability areas such as sustainable materials, waste management, and many more.
With ever-increasing global average temperatures, diminishing natural resources, growing waste, and rising greenhouse gas emissions, there is an urgent need to develop and implement sustainable solutions to restore and protect our environment.
As the recovery of our ecosystems is both a complex and multi-faceted challenge, collaboration is key to innovate towards a more sustainable future.
Following the successes of the past two Sustainability Open Innovation Challenges (SOICs), Enterprise Singapore (ESG) is once again collaborating with key industry partners to launch our third edition of the challenge with challenge statements in key sustainability areas such as sustainable materials, waste management, and many more.
We are inviting innovative companies to participate in this challenge not only for the chance to collaborate with major partners, testbed and access funding to develop the solutions, but to also play a critical role in building a more sustainable future for the world.
From November 29, 2021 to December 6, 2021 challenge owners will select the finalist innovators that will present their solution(s) at the Final Pitching day.
The proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Technical feasibility of solution and novelty (40%)
- Business feasibility of solution (30%)
- Capacity and expertise to execute projects (20%)
- Clarity and comprehensiveness of proposal and test plans (10%)
The announcement of results will be on December 6, 2021.
The application phase will run from August 20, 2021 (GMT+8) and will end on October 24, 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+8).
Innovators can register on the platform, choose a challenge statement to tackle, complete the participation form, and submit a 5 to 10 slide PDF proposal deck addressing the following areas:
- Details of Applicant
- Executive Summary: provide a summary of the solution, technology and deliverables – tangible and intangible outcomes of the project (in less than 500 words).
- Detailed project proposal, including:
- Technical feasibility of solution and novelty
- Effectiveness in addressing the challenge (how the solution can address requirements).
- Potential benefits (e.g. how is this solution novel/different from what is available currently, potential cost and manpower savings).
- Operational feasibility: Potential end users/stakeholders onboarding plans.
- Business feasibility of solution (commercialisation and scale up strategy, estimated commercial price, operating/maintenance/life cycle cost/business model).
- Capacity and expertise to execute (capabilities and resources committed).
- Details on POC/MVP if applicable; Desired deliverables/milestones and outcomes of projects (including but not limited to tech specs, project/product development schedule, key challenges to overcome).
- Others (as specifically requested by Challenge Brief).
Feel free to tackle multiple challenge statements by creating new participations should you have more than one solution to submit!
The deadline of the submission will be on October 24, 2021, at 23:59 (GMT+8). Please note that all the deliverables must be submitted in English.
Official Website: Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge 2021