Application Deadline: 29 August 2022
As part of the Australian Research Council funded grant project ‘Activating social connection to address isolation in Australia’, we have two scholarships available for enthusiastic students to undertake a Masters project on one of the following two topics:
1. Digital inclusion and Social Connection
The research focus of this project will be on investigating the intersection between place-based social connection and different uses of digital technologies. Working closely with industry partner Neami National (www.neaminational.org.au), the project seeks to understand lived experiences of people with psychosocial disabilities and their online and offline social connections. Specifically, it will explore the role of hybrid interactions between digital technologies and material spaces and facilities in supporting social connection for vulnerable people.
2. Measurement of Social Connection
The research focus of this project will be on the development and testing of measurement for social connection. Working closely with industry partner The Australian Red Cross, the candidate will work as part of a project team in the Social Innovation Research Institute and be supervised by academics in the School of Business, Law & Entrepreneurship and the School of Health Sciences. Specifically, this project will work on developing a contemporary conceptual definition of social connection and contribute to the validation and implementation of a range of short and long-form measures for positive social connection.
- A bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Relevant study areas include digital media and communication, social work, psychology, public health, anthropology or similar.
- Research and/or work experience relevant to the project.
- Good team-working, observational and communication skills.
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- View our FAQ section
- View Hints & Tips to help with your application
- Preview Application Form
Official Website: Swinburne University of Technology