Application Deadline:February 5, 2022
Applications for APAICS’ Congressional Fellowship are open! The APAICS Congressional Fellowship is designed for rising AAPI professionals looking to increase their experience in public policy and service. The full-time paid, the 9-month program places fellows in congressional offices to gain policy experience serving as part of a legislative team
Work 40 hours a week at the placement site
Attend a one-day orientation
Attend the APAICS annual Gala in May 2023
Participate in APAICS-sponsored professional development events
Complete quarterly reports
Submit a mid-program and end of program evaluation
Comply with APAICS policies regarding work performance and personal conduct
Develop and execute a policy briefing to promote public policy issues of importance to AAPIs
- Have completed their undergraduate or graduate degree and/or have at least five years of public service experience prior to the program start date.
- Note: A few of our Congressional host offices require candidates to have a graduate degree. We encourage applicants who will have completed a master’s degree or J.D. by September 2022 to apply. That being said, you do not need to have a graduate degree to be considered for our other Congressional host offices.
- Be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or individuals who are legally authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
- Family members of the APAICS Board of Directors or National Advisory Council are prohibited from participating in any APAICS programs.
- Professional work experience in Washington, DC
- A grant of $27,000 for the duration of the nine-month fellowship (equivalent to a $36,000 annual salary)
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
- Professional Development Funds
- Health insurance reimbursement up to $200 a month
- Professional development programs, networking, and access to the APAICS alumni network
Required Documents: the following items are required as part of the application. No exceptions will be made for incomplete applications after the deadline.
- Cover Letter
- Essay Responses
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s) (official or unofficial, if applicable)
Official Website: The 2022-2023 APAICS Fellowship