Application Deadline: April -25 – 2021
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
The average CFLI contribution is $30,000 to $50,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD $50,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI). Consult the currency converter for local currency equivalents. Please note that all contributions are made in Canadian dollars and then converted to the local currency.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition.
How to apply:
- Email Juba-G@international.gc.ca to request the concept note form.
- Complete the concept note form and submit via email.
- The deadline for submission is April -25 – 2021 at 5:00pm CAT. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc: Juba-G@international.gc.ca
- The Embassy will then select a shortlist of projects that will be invited to submit a full proposal and those projects will be considered for funding.
- When emailing your application, use the subject line: CFLI-South Sudan – Organization Name.
- Only those submissions using the designated application form and including the required budget document will be considered.
- For more information on the types of activities and costs that are eligible for CFLI funding, please refer to the list of CFLI approved activities and costs.
- Concept notes must be completed in English.
- Concept notes must explicitly answer all questions in the CFLI project application form, including the required gender-based analysis. Applications will be assessed for approval on their merits by a selection committee.
- Due to the large number of applicants, only the successful candidates will be contacted.
- Project applications are kept on file at missions in accordance with Global Affairs Canada’s information management policies.
Official Website: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – South Sudan