Application Deadline: October 1st, 2021
Established through the Daniel and Barbara Chapman Trust, the Chapman Prize recognizes and honors each year the efforts and achievements of individuals and organizations in the U.S. who make significant contributions to American society.
The award will focus on a different theme each year, selected from the following: Health & Wellness, Arts & Culture, Economic Prosperity, or Educational Success.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen or U.S.–based nonprofit, have been conducting charitable work for at least three years, and be able to show demonstrated impact in the selected focus area of the year in which the application is submitted in order to qualify.
Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust Company in Alexandria, Virginia serves as
trustee of the Daniel and Barbara Chapman Trust.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Are either a U.S. citizen or U.S.-based nonprofit who will use the disbursement exclusively in the U.S.
- Have been conducting charitable work for at least the last three years
- Can show demonstrated impact in the selected focus area of the year in which the application is submitted
▪ Successful applicants should describe:
o Breadth of impact, including geographic presence
o Role as change agent
o Collaboration among partners
o Diversity of beneficiaries and Board/staff/volunteer representation, if applicable
o Sustainability of the project and potential for long term change in the award focus area
o Proven record of achievement and extraordinary contributions towards betterment in the selected area
Approximately $80,000-$100,000 will be awarded each year.
▪ The application period is open between July and October
o This year, the Prize application period will open July 1st, 2021 with applications due by October 1st, 2021
▪ The selection committee will begin reviewing applications by October 15th, 2021
▪ The selection committee will complete the review process by December 15th, 2021
▪ All applicants, regardless of award status, will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by January 31st, 2022
▪ The 2021 Prize Winner will receive the award by January 31st, 2022
Official Website: The Chapman Prize 2021 Application