Application Deadline: August 15th 2021
The ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence (JiR) programme offers temporary shelter for journalists facing harassment and intimidation as a direct result of their work. Journalists get the chance to rest and recuperate in a safe and discreet place, and also to continue their investigative work at their own pace and use their time in Leipzig for networking and finding solidarity. The JiR programme lasts for either three or up to six months, and includes a rent-free furnished apartment in Leipzig, as well as a monthly stipend to cover basic living costs. It also covers travel and visa expenses, health insurance, psychological counselling, and journalism-related training sessions on topics like digital security, mobile reporting and social media management.
• legal residence in a Member State or candidate country of the Council of Europe (valid passport required)
• documented journalistic work and references
• documentation describing the immediate threat situation and lack of local support opportunities
• verifiable English or German language skills (at least A2-level)
• safe and discreet place to continue investigating and publishing, to rest and to recover (max. 6 months)
• rent-free, furnished apartment in Leipzig
• health insurance and psychological counselling (optional)
• monthly stipend of 1,000 euros
• travel expenses to and from Leipzig (arrival and departure)
• visa costs
• participation in journalism-related trainings
• networking opportunities
• a workplace in the ECPMF office and the opportunity to work (pro bono)with the ECPMF’s press team on self-selected subjects
How to apply:
Calls for applications are announced on www.ecpmf.eu and the ECPMF’s social media once or twice a year and are also disseminated throughout the Centre’s European networks.
The documents you need, like the application form and an additional questionnaire, will be provided on our website as soon as the call is announced. The regular application process requires you to complete these two documents and send them, together with your CV and a copy of the relevant valid identity documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org. After a comprehensive review process, the selected fellows will be invited to Leipzig for the upcoming JiR period.
Official Webpage: ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence (JiR) Programme