Application Deadline: November 15th 2021
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) has launched the Global Health Security Call to support up to 20 journalistic projects, being delivered by individuals or teams of freelance and/or staff journalists, on the topic of ‘global health security’.
Purpose: The 2021 Global Health Security Call is a project that will deliver grant funding and facilitate research opportunities to support in-depth journalistic analysis on the topic of global health security.
Mission: To incentivise and enable impactful journalistic coverage of the topic, in order to create sustained relationships between freelance journalists and media organisations, and engage the public, key stakeholders and decision makers about the topic.
Vision: To inspire all opinion-forming media organisations in Europe to report on big health and policy challenges and solutions, and demonstrate the importance of journalism as a trusted, evidence-based means of communicating.
The Call will provide grants of up to $7,500 USD per project and is aimed at journalists publishing stories in opinion-forming media organisations across France, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Sweden.
Applicants that meet the following criteria are eligible to apply to the Call:
- Applicants must be freelance or permanently employed individual journalists (staff journalists), or small teams of journalists, and should be experienced in reporting on the topic of health, science, development and/or policy.
- There is no citizenship, nationality or residence/ location restriction on the applicants
- Applicants should have a track record of publication in respected media outlets in one or more of the following countries: France, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, Norway or Sweden.
- Freelance applicants should be signed up to a press regulator, trust initiative, or part of a press association
- Applicants must complete, in full, the dedicated application form (see ‘How to apply’ on page 8) and provide requested documentation including:
- a project budget
- relevant policy/ procedure/ supporting documents
Official Website: European Journalism Centre (EJC) Global Health Security