Application Deadline: June 30th 2021
Fresh A.I.R. is an artist in residence scholarship program in Berlin, which offers artists and cultural professionals in the field of Urban and New Contemporary Art the time, the space and the resources to devote themselves to an artistic project within the framework of a given thematic complex (and in accordance with the Fresh A.I.R. funding guidelines of the Stiftung Berliner Leben).apply now for class 7
During their stay, the scholarship holders have the opportunity to gain new impetus, to develop their art and to gain important experience for their future careers. Up to 13 scholarship holders will be invited to Berlin from April 2022 until September 2022.
The Fresh A.I.R. scholarships will be awarded for 6 months. The value of the scholarship amounts to a total of 1,900 euros per person, per month. This amount is broken down, as follows:
- Rent-free living (including electricity and Wi-Fi) of around 1,000 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- Cost of living subsidy of 500 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- Cost of materials subsidy of 300 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- Cost of travel subsidy (fares within Berlin and surrounding areas) of 100 euros per month for the duration of the stay.
- Coverage of the second home tax for the duration of the stay.
ith the Fresh A.I.R. scholarships, the Stiftung Berliner Leben supports:
- artists from EU member states residing outside of Berlin,
- artists from Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway
- artists from the field of Urban and New Contemporary Art, and
- artists seeking cross-genre exchange with art forms of Urban Contemporary Art.
- The project must be clearly recognizable as a current and unpublished project and meet the quality standards of the program.
- There is a residence requirement.
- Grant applications and grants from third institutions must be communicated.
- Each scholarship holder commits to prepare and implement a workshop.
- Each scholarship holder undertakes to attend events of funding partners and the UN Museum (for example, readings, panel discussions, talks, etc.).
- Each fellow agrees to attend a final presentation of works.
- There is a willingness for cultural and artistic exchange with the Stiftung Berliner Leben and the Berlin area.
- Further conditions and exclusion criteria can be found in the funding guidelines.
For questions about the scholarship, please write an email to FreshAIRfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: Fresh A.I.R. Scholarships