Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
The Hansen Leadership Institute brings together promising students from all over the world who want to expand and enhance their capacity for leadership, public speaking, community building, social entrepreneurship, negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution. You’ll even learn how to make videos and conduct interviews like a pro, on a small budget.
Hansen Fellows come from all majors. They often have an interest in multicultural understanding and international relations, diplomacy, economic development, or international security. They receive hands-on training from experts and leading practitioners at the University of San Diego’s School of Leadership and Education Sciences. They always acquire a new understanding and appreciation of the world through peers from 21 countries. Most of all, Hansen Fellows form life-long friendships.
- Students or recent students who are 20-25 years of age
- If selected, you must be able to attend and participate in the entire three weeks of the Institute
- Permanent membership in a tight-knit international community of young leaders, who always have your back and want to help you reach your full potential
- Highly individualized, hands-on training from scholars and practitioners who know how to develop core skills of leaders
- $1,000 stipend upon completion of the program – get paid to learn and have fun
- Leadership resume capital from a program that is highly competitive on a global scale
- Round-trip airfare from anywhere in the U.S. to San Diego
- All excursions paid for – including a cruise on the San Diego Bay and visits to Sea World, Balboa Park, and the southern border between Mexico and the U.S.
- All room and board paid for, with nice accommodations at the University of San Diego, a gorgeous campus
- Ultimately: The most transformative three weeks of your life.
Official Website: The Hansen Leadership Institute Returns in 2022!