2021 Application Deadline: 1st March 2021.
The LoCoFoRest (Locally Controlled Forest Restoration) training programme focuses on one critical question: How can we scale up restoration of forest landscapes while securing the prosperity of local communities and maintaining and improving ecosystem services?
LoCoFoRest will build capacity in national, regional and local institutions and organisations. The programme will give participants the skills and knowledge to enrich their organisations’ capacity to support local communities and entrepreneurs to make forest and landscape restoration scalable and to take advantage of new value chains and the growing demands of a biobased economy.
LoCoFoRest are looking for participants from:
- National, regional and local government; civil society; private sector and academic organisations working with forest restoration, processing of forest products, management of forest ecosystem services and natural resources management such as water and biodiversity.
- Applicants are individuals working in these organisations and institutions, and require the approval of their employer.
- Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Lao PDR, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam.
The programme has five components:
- Web-based preparatory course
- Three weeks training in Sweden
- Mentoring support for a “Change Project” project in the participant’s home countries.
- Annual restoration conference
- Follow up alumni and networking programmes in participating countries
Apply to; The LoCoFoRest Training Programme
The programme runs from 2021–2025. The first call for applications now open until 1st March 2021.
Official Website: The LoCoFoRest Training Programme.