Application Deadline: May 22nd 2021
HAVE you got a big idea for a small business?
The Suns teamed up with Camelot to give 50 kitchen table entrepreneurs the helping hand they need to launch their business dream.
Participation in the Competition
- Residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Competition (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Competition starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 27 March 2021 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 22 May 2021 (the Competition Period). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void.
- Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void. At the end of the Competition, participants’ entries will not be returned to them.
- To enter you must complete the entry form on The Sun website during the Competition Period only. You will be asked tell us about your existing small business or new business idea, why it would benefit from the business grant and why we should choose you. Attach a business plan if you have one. Add links to your website/marketing materials. Attach details of any other businesses you have run.
- Entries to the Competition must be the original work of the author and not previously published. Entries which are or in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Participants represent and warrant that:
- they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry; and
- that their entry to the Competition (including any text and photographs):
- does not contain or feature any personal information about any person (including their name, contact details, a photograph of them and/or any other identifying information) without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request);
- does not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate;
- does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
- is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay any sums to any third party as a result of the Promoter’s use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation by the Promoter of the idea, video or other rights contained in any entry; and
- does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Competition online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
- There will be 50 winners. One prize per winner.
- The winners will be the entrants whose entries are deemed most deserving of a business grant. The winners will be selected by an independent judge (or a panel of judges including at least one independent member). The decision of the judge(s) shall be final.
- The prize is:
- 25 grants of £5,000 (five thousand pounds) will be given to existing small businesses looking to expand.
- 25 grants of £5,000 (five thousand pounds) will be given new businesses needing some funding to get started.
One grant of £5,000 per winner.
- The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Camelot.
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Official Website: Sun’s Kitchen Table Entrepreneurs Competition 2021