Application Deadline: 19th Sept. 2021
The YSEALI Regional Workshop: “Enhancing ASEAN Human Capital in Health”, is a virtual event that will be held in January 2022 from Hanoi, Vietnam, with pre-workshop activities start from November 2021. This workshop provides a unique opportunity for emerging leaders from across Southeast Asia to bring together their unique potential, energy, enthusiasm, and creativity in order to promote the health and wellbeing of the ASEAN community.
This program will focus on building a strong network of young leaders from Southeast Asia who will be motivated and prepared to identify shared global health issues and work collectively toward multiple solutions. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills needed to address some of the most pressing human capital issues in the region’s health sector through interactive plenary engagements, breakout sessions, group work, immersive lessons and success stories from many regional and U.S. practices.
- Main criteria for eligibility are:
- Between the ages of 20 and 30 at the time of application;
- A YSEALI member – if you are not a YSEALI member yet, please click here to register and become a member;
- A citizen of ASEAN countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Timor-Leste and residing in these countries;
- Proficient in English language skills;
- Have the ability to actively participate in at least 36 hours during the workshop activities (that will take place outside office hours) from November 2021 to January 2022;
- Should show a serious interest in learning about the health sector;
- Should demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Should commit to returning to their home country to apply leadership skills and knowledge gained to benefit their community, country, or Southeast Asia region.
Before filling in the application form, please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions. Some common questions about our workshop program and preparation for the application can be found on the “FAQs for application” below and also on the Support page.
If you are interested in the workshop “Enhancing ASEAN Human Capital in Health” and would like to apply, please keep in mind the following dates:
• Application deadline (19 Sep 2021): All applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. The application will be closed at end of the day. No late application is accepted for any reason.
• Result announcement (Oct 2021): If your application is approved, you will receive an email sent by the workshop “Enhancing ASEAN Human Capital in Health” Organization Committee to the email address you have provided in your application form. Please check your email occasionally (sometimes emails may be filtered to the SPAM box, just make sure to check all your mailboxes). Unfortunately, due to a large number of applicants, we will not be able to email those whose applications were not approved.
• Confirmation of attendance (Oct 2021): For successful applicants, you will have to confirm that you can attend the workshop within a week after the result announcement. Late confirmation means you are unable to attend, and the offer will be passed on to another applicant.
• The workshop will accept the 100 most suitable and qualified applicants.
Official Website: Visit the Official Webpage of The YSEALI Regional Workshop