Application Deadline: 21/12/2021
DST NM-ICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation and Data
Acquisition Systems (UAVs, ROVs, etc.) –TiHAN at IIT Hyderabad importantly focuses on
the research, design, and development of autonomous navigation and data acquisition
systems for UAVs, ROVs, etc. With a synergistic industry and academic collaborations, the
the hub aims at realizing the utilization of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems.
Hence, the hub would like to accept R&D funding proposals in the following thrust areas or
verticals, but not limited to:
Autonomous and Intelligent Navigation Systems for Ground, Aerial, and Water Surface
Vehicles; Applications of Autonomous Navigation Technologies in Agriculture,
Infrastructure Monitoring (Power Line, Constructions, Pipelines, Railway Tracks, etc.),
Surveillance (Maritime, Airtime, Terrestrial), and Environmental Monitoring (Air, Water,
Industrial Pollutants, etc.).
The proposals should aim towards translational technology research and development,
considering the commercialization aspects in the aforementioned areas. The proposals can focus on the development of one or more technological aspects (provided below) for usage in the aforementioned thrust areas:
- AI/ML Frameworks for autonomous navigation and efficient multi-sensory data aggregation using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), etc.
- IoT and CPS architectures for efficient usage of UAVs, ROVs, etc., in the Indian context.
- Communications and Networking for Autonomous Navigation like DSRC, CV2X, etc.
- Efficient edge computing architectures for multi-sensory information processing
- Robotics related to autonomous systems
- Design for Smart Mobility (aerial/terrestrial)
- Autonomous vehicle swarms and their applications
- Control, Power and design aspects of UAVs, ROVs, etc.
- Connected unmanned aerial/terrestrial/underwater/underground systems
Hub is currently seeking proposals for a duration of 12 to 18 months from Scientists/
Engineers/ Technologists and faculty members working in Universities/ Academic
institutions/ Registered Scientific Societies/ R&D institutions/ Laboratories/ Autonomous R&D organizations of the Government with due approval of Competent Authority having
adequate infrastructural facilities to carry out R&D activities.
Proposals with industry participation and Inter-Disciplinary nature are strongly encouraged.
1. Applicant must be an Indian company registered under Companies Act or comply with the definition of Start-up as per the latest notification of DIPP (Available at http://startupindia.gov.in).
[Indian company: 51% or more shareholding is with Indian citizen or person of Indian
2. If Applicant is not yet registered as a start-up, they are still allowed to participate, but are required to get registered if they get selected for the final level.
3. Should have incubated in an incubation center or technology/ research park supported by the Central or State Government. Letter from the incubation center or technology/ research park should be submitted with the proposal application.
The proposal should be submitted as a PDF file adhering to the format provided in the
Annexure A. Each proposal submitted by other than start-ups must also be accompanied by an endorsement letter duly signed by the head of the institution. The template is provided in Annexure B.
Each proposal submitted by a start-up must also be accompanied by an endorsement letter as per the template provided in Annexure C
Official Website: TiHAN at IIT Hyderabad announces Call for R&D Funding Proposals