The Shah Rukh Khan La Trobe University PhD Scholarship recognises the humanitarian and social justice achievements of international icon Shah Rukh Khan.
This four year research scholarship valued at more than $225,000 (AUD) is open to aspiring female researchers who are Indian citizens, primarily residing in India, and want to make a meaningful impact in the world through a PhD. The successful candidate will attend La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia from 2023 to 2026.
- be an aspiring female Indian Masters graduate with a desire to undertake one of the eight PhD Research Projects offered by La Trobe University.
- be a citizen of India.
- be a permanent, primary residence in India
- attained a high level of achievement, including a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the past 10 years, and has been assessed equivalent to a La Trobe University Master’s by research degree standard of 70 or above.
The scholarship recipient will be supported with a four-year research scholarship valued at more than $225,000 (AUD) to be undertaken at La Trobe’s prestigious campus in Melbourne, Bundoora. She will explore a research focus on a wide range of themes under the supervision of world-leading experts at a university ranked in the top 1% worldwide*.
The benefits include:
- a Full Fee Research Scholarship for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
- a La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $32,500 AUD per annum (2022 rate) to support living costs
- visa length Overseas Student Health Cover with Medibank for a single person
- visa application costs for a single person
- a $3,000 AUD travel allowance to cover travel costs from India to Melbourne
- opportunities to work with award-winning researchers, in world-class research facilities and access to La Trobe’s suite of professional development programs.
- Applicants must submit an expression of interest (EOI) by Friday 23 September 2022.
- All successful EOI applicants will be contacted in mid-October 2022 and invited to submit a full application by 11 November 2022.
- Following a review of applications and interviews with short-listed candidates, it is anticipated that the successful scholarship recipient will be announced in early 2023.
- The successful candidate will be expected to commence her research placement at La Trobe University by mid-2023.
Official Website: Trobe University PhD Scholarship