Application Deadline: December 16, 2022
Applications are open for the UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator 2023. The Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a six-month programme activating companies participating in the UN Global Compact across industries and regions. This hands-on programme will help you move from commitment to action on human rights and labour rights through establishing an ongoing human rights due diligence process.
The idea of human rights is as simple as it is powerful: That all people have a right to be treated with dignity. Businesses often impact the human rights of their employees and contract workers, workers in their supply chains, the communities around their operations and even the end users of their products or services. Whether directly or indirectly, they impact virtually the entire spectrum of internationally recognized human rights. As a result, companies have both a responsibility and an opportunity to advance human rights across operations, supply chains and beyond.
Is your company able to know and show that it supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and that it is not complicit in human rights abuses?
- The UN Global Compact invites companies everywhere to join the Business & Human Rights Accelerator. In order to take part, companies are required to be participating companies of the UN Global Compact and currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network in their region or willing to join one.
You will learn:
- How to identify your responsibilities in respecting human rights and labour rights, expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- How to establish an ongoing human rights due diligence process in line with international standards.
- How to report and communicate on your human rights due diligence journey, including through the Communication on Progress, the annual public disclosure requirement for all UN Global Compact participants.
You will gain:
- An understanding of where your company is on their human rights journey.
- An assessment of actual and potential adverse human rights impacts and the ability to prioritize action.
- The ability to mitigate your human rights impacts, including grievance mechanisms and remedy.
- Ways to engage stakeholders on business impacts.
- An action plan to advance human rights in your company and beyond.
- A network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your human rights journey and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to human rights due diligence.
- A certificate demonstrating completion of programme.
The Accelerator programme will commence with an opening webinar in February 2023. The exact start date of Local Network sessions is to be confirmed.
Official Website: UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator 2023