Application Deadline:31 May 2022
University of Strathclyde are delighted to present this new ‘GREAT Scholarship for justice and law‘, offered in collaboration with the British Council. This offers applicants from China the opportunity to apply for a one year postgraduate taught scholarship on our law programmes. University of Strathclyde have one GREAT Scholarship for justice and law on offer for 2022 entry.
In order to be deemed eligible for the GREAT Scholarship for justice and law, candidates must:
- Be available to commence academic studies in the UK by the start of the academic year in September 2022.
- Have paid their tuition fee deposit before 31 May 2022.
- Register as an international, fee-paying student.
- Have an offer of study for a full-time, postgraduate law programme at the University of Strathclyde. This scholarship is only available on the following programmes: LLM Law, LLM/MSc Criminal Justice and Penal Change; LLM/MSc Mediation and Conflict Resolution; LLM Global Environmental Law and Governance; LLM Human Rights Law; LLM International Commercial Law; LLM Construction Law.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must meet all of the above eligibility criteria to be considered for this scholarship.
- To receive their scholarship, awardees must enrol in the 2022 academic year and continue to meet all of the above eligibility criteria throughout their studies.
- Students receiving discounted tuition fees from partner universities are not eligible.
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000. The scholarship will be awarded towards the payment of a student’s tuition fee, subject to academic progression.
- Scholarship recipients must be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
- Scholarship recipients must be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and the University of Strathclyde and act as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships.
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
- Students who defer their offer of admission will not be eligible.
- Students who transfer to a degree out with the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Students are only eligible to hold one scholarship per academic year from the University of Strathclyde.
- The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences’ decision on the awarding of scholarships is final. Appeals will not be considered.