Application Deadline: 05/30/2022
Applications are now invited for the Vaughan Starter Company Plus Program to help your business start, grow or expand.
Qualified program participants will receive tailored training and mentorship and will also have the opportunity to apply for a provincial grant of up to $5,000.
The program will provide entrepreneurs with training to help develop their business plans, marketing strategies, budgeting and financial forecasts. Eligible applicants will be supported under one of the following two streams:
- Existing brick-and-mortar businesses with physical storefronts or office or industrial locations.
- New startup and home-based businesses that may be looking to start or expand.
For existing brick and mortar businesses, training will target and focus on:
- supporting business owners in developing digital skills and improving their online presence.
- adopting new business strategies, such as e-commerce, that will allow them to continue generating revenue amid the easing of COVID-19 measures and as the economy reopens.
For new startup and home-based businesses, training will focus on:
- business plan development.
- conducting market research and trends analyses.
- marketing strategy, value proposition, advertising, promotional strategies, including digital and online.
- operations (legal, human resources, risk and insurance).
- budgeting and financial forecasting.
To be eligible for grant funding, participants must:
- be at least 18 years old at the time of application;
- not be attending school full time;
- be a resident of Ontario;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- not currently be enrolled in other self-employment or entrepreneurship training/financing initiatives financed by government-funded organizations;
- not have previously received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant.
Official Website: Vaughan Starter Company Plus Program for Canadian Entrepreneur’s